[kmscon-devel] Add --xkb-keymap option

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 05:32:05 PDT 2013

Hi Ran

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Ran Benita <ran234 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Congratulations on the new mailing list!
>
> Here's a patch to add a useful option for some users. Doing the same
> with the current --xkb-* options is quite cumbersome. Feel free to tweak
> it if I missed something.

Looks great, I think I will pick it up later today.

I was also thinking of adding a built-in keymap fallback that can be
used if none is found on the system. The build-system already provides
a way to link any raw text/binary file into the executable so it would
be really easy to implement with this patch.
However, I'd prefer using xkb_keymap_new_from_string() instead of
_from_file(). This would allow passing either a pointer to the
built-in keymap or to the mmap()'ed file. I can adjust the patch
myself, but I first wanted to hear your opinion on it.

Btw., if keyboards get you bored and you need some new fancy projects,
how about doing a similar library for mice? That is, turning
xf86-input-synaptics into a library ;)

Cheers
David