[kmscon-devel] kmscon multiseat

Damian Ivanov damianatorrpm at gmail.com
Fri May 10 02:51:02 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I try to use kmscon on multiseat (using the Plugable Multiseat USB
docking station). I try to use it on openSUSE Factory.
kmscon --seats $the_second_seat_generated_by_systemd which generates
successfully kmscon on the new monitor attached to the USB docking
station. kmscon --listen doesn't work for me (actually it seems to do
nothing, does systemd kmscon services need to be enabled for that?). I
tried to start wayland/weston on the kmscon opened on the multiseat
session:
weston-launch results in opening weston on one of the standard tty's
(by default it should open on the tty you're currently on).
So I checked: tty command shows me currently I am on /dev/pts/2 and I
tried weston-launch -t /dev/pts/2 (-t parameter is to specify the
tty).
That fails since weston need a real tty to run on, pseudo terminals
does not work. So I guess the right thing to do here is:
kmscon --cdev-session --listen --seats $the_second_seat_generated_by_systemd:
/dev/cuse: No such file or directory
the multiseat kmscon still is running on a pseudo terminal.
Any idea how I can get weston onto the multiseat session? :)

Best regards,
Damian