[kmscon-devel] keymap parse error

Ran Benita ran234 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 04:55:49 PST 2015

On Sun, Mar 01, 2015 at 08:18:24PM +0000, Leon Ormes wrote:
> Hi KMSCON users,
> I am trying to swap ctrl for caps and have written a .map file to do just that. In the kmscon.conf file I use the xkb-map=/usr/local... to the .map but I get a parse error and it doesn't load. The same config works in TERM=linux. Any ideas?

The option's name is `xkb-keymap` not `xkb-map`; maybe that's the
problem?

It also sounds like the .map file you mention is a linux-kernel keymap
file (as is used in the linux VT). However kmscon uses the XKB format,
which is the one used in X11. If that's not the case, please attach the
error you get and the .map file.

Finally, if you just want to swap ctrl and caps you can simply use
`xkb-options=ctrl:swapcaps` or if you want caps to act as ctrl (not the
other way around) use `ctrl:nocaps`. You can see all available options
with descriptions in `/usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.xml` (or in your
favorite desktop environment keyboard config tool).