[kmscon-devel] ctrl arrow keys not working in kmscon virtual consoles

BenoƮt benoit at neviani.fr
Fri Nov 11 16:16:00 UTC 2016

thanks for your reply Ran
:( I am disapointed to having lost time trying to find a solution where
there is not.. (before changing the code).

my main motivation to switch to kmscon for my virtual console was for
the better 256 colors support than VT but perhaps I have to spend time
again on VT to see if I can get better color support...

Have you ever had this type of request/issue in the past or anything
planned to developp this or should I try to find another solution?

Many thanks again for your response

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 06:09:29PM +0200, Ran Benita wrote:
>This is an xterm feature which is not implemented in kmscon; it
>encodes the modifier mask and adds it as a parameter to the escape
>sequence (this is the `1;5` part - 5 meaning "Control"). See here:
>
>- http://invisible-island.net/xterm/ctlseqs/ctlseqs.html#h2-PC-Style-Function-Keys
>(search for "xterm encodes function key modifiers as parameters"
>towards the end).
>- https://git.gnome.org/browse/vte/tree/src/keymap.cc?h=0.45.92#n932
>
>I haven't checked how hard it would be to add support for it to libtsm
>(the terminal emulator library which kmscon uses). I am not
>volunteering, though :)

Benoit