[kmscon-devel] ctrl arrow keys not working in kmscon virtual consoles

Benoît benoit at neviani.fr
Fri Nov 11 19:17:38 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 08:13:27PM +0200, Ran Benita wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 05:16:00PM +0100, Benoît wrote:
>> my main motivation to switch to kmscon for my virtual console was for the
>> better 256 colors support than VT but perhaps I have to spend time again on
>> VT to see if I can get better color support...
>
>From a quick check, it does not appear that the linux VT supports this
>feature either.

Yes I have tested and it is working, I am able to differentiate arrow up
and control arrow up, I have been able to confirm adding this :

keycode 103 = Up
control keycode 103 = acircumflex

>> Have you ever had this type of request/issue in the past or anything planned
>> to developp this or should I try to find another solution?
>
>It should not be particularly difficult, but I do not have time to
>implement it myself, sorry.
>
>I am interested though in what is your usecase for this - which program
>do you use which interprets these modifiers?

I am using mutt for my email client and to scroll into my mails I am
using up / down arrows and to scroll into my mails folder (sidebar) I am
using ctrl up and ctrl down as it is quick to access.

Just for my information, is it a main rewrite on the program or some
line to add to interpret the crontrol action?

I also noticed that my ^/¨ key is not working on kmscom and if I use oss
variant it is working but not on the top of letter like â or ê, for that
I need to do an Alt Gr + a or Alt Gr + e.
Not a big deal but for information.

Many thanks again

Benoit