[LDTP-Dev] LDTP - Localization

Nagappan anagappan at novell.com
Fri Sep 30 00:10:55 PDT 2005

Hi,

With the new LDTP implementation, the following things should be
considered for localization.

- Modify strcmp to g_utf8_collate in table.c and also use _(params[0])
instead of just params[0]
- In calendar_view.c select_calendar_date function, date should be
handled for local language too
- Modify strcasecmp to g_utf8_collate in table.c and also use
_(params[0]) instead of just params[0] in layered_pane.c, page_tab_list.c
- We should convert name to English string and then do a compare ? EX:
in select_item function of layered_pane.c
- Do we need to plan something in log.c for localization ? Is it worth
trying ? Whats the use ?
- If we use LDTP for localization testing how the menu item  will be
(Ex: File|Open or Print|Open as stated in info page) ? also do we need
to plan something for ';'  (mnuFile;mnuNew) ?
- strstr is used in select_panel_name of panel.c, we need to find why
this is used (in all the places), is it required, which is the
alternative one for localization ?
- In verify_set_text_value change strcasecmp with g_utf8_collate and for
length use Text object length

Thanks
Nagappan

--
Nagappan A <anagappan at novell.com>
Novell Software Development (I) Pvt. Ltd.