[LDTP-Dev] Strange situation

Ara Pulido ara at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 22 00:07:23 PDT 2008

Hello Nagappan (et.al),

This is the behaviour I watch when doing the same with at-poke:

The first time update-manager is run:

- update-manager gets recognized by at-poke
- when checking for new updates, gksu starts (it gets recognized by
at-poke), asking for the sudo password.
- when the password is checked and confirmed, gksu closes and it gets
deleted from the application list in at-poke.
- update-manager still gets recognized.

The following times update-manager is run:

- update-manager gets recognized by at-poke
- when checking for new updates, gksu starts (it gets recognized by
at-poke), but it does not ask for the sudo password, as it is already
stored.
- This time gksu is kept in the list of recognized by at-poke (although
the process is not there anymore).
- This makes sometimes at-poke crash:

(at-poke:6268): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data:
assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
Warning: AT-SPI error: pre method check: add: Unknown CORBA exception
id: 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0'

** (at-poke:6268): CRITICAL **: get_accessible_at_index: assertion `ret'
failed
Warning: AT-SPI error: pre method check: add: Unknown CORBA exception
id: 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0'

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ara.
On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 08:38 -0700, Nagappan A wrote:
> Hi Ara,
>
> Could you please try the same procedure with at-poke ?
>
> Thanks
> Nagappan
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 2:50 AM, Ara Pulido <ara at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>         Hello all,
>
>         Let me explain the situation I have been running lately:
>
>         I am writing some tests for the Update Manager in Ubuntu [1].
>         This
>         application searches for updates in the Ubuntu repositories
>         and install
>         the selected ones.
>
>         The first time the application runs, if you check for new
>         updates, it
>         will ask for the SUDO password. The test runs correctly.
>
>         The second time, as the SUDO password is valid for sometime,
>         it does not
>         ask for the password. In the test script this is solved with
>         something
>         like:
>
>         if guiexist(SUDO_WINDOW):
>           set_password()
>         else
>           do nothing
>
>         After that the test tries to close the update-manager window.
>         If the
>         application asked for the password, it closes correctly, but
>         if it
>         bypasses the password (because it was already set), it does
>         not find the
>         update-manager anymore:
>
>         Property: label - Value: Update Manager
>         window_prop: Update Manager
>         Key: btnClose btnClose
>         Warning: AT-SPI error: pre method check: add: Unknown CORBA
>         exception
>         id: 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0'
>         Application: update-manager not running
>         Unable to get handle
>         resp_len = 117
>         Sending..
>         156
>         Response packet: <?xml version="1.0"

encoding="utf-8"?><RESPONSE><ID>MainThread43</ID><STATUS><CODE>-984</CODE><MESSAGE>Application not running</MESSAGE></STATUS></RESPONSE>