[LDTP-Dev] AppMap functionality?

Wallace Owen owen at metamachine.com
Sat Oct 4 13:56:41 PDT 2008

Hello,

I started out trying dogtail, which seemed extremely slow.  I'm now
trying to tackle using ldtp for my testing.

What I haven't figured out yet is how to get a dump of the widget
hierarchy.  I see how I can use the editor tool to get the application
to reveal the names of it's menu buttons and dialogs.  Now I want to
discover the name of the table in the file selection tool, but since
it's not something I directly interact with in the app, I can't use the
editor to discover it's name.

In dogtail they had some code that'd walk the tree by querying for each
'node's children.  What do I do in ldtp?

Lastly, how can I help?  I've been developing in C since '82, in C++
since '87 and in Python since 2004.  I've developed python bindings and
have a very good grasp of their 'ways'.

  // Wally