[LDTP-Dev] LDTP does not detect some applications,

M N mohsenfi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:39:09 PST 2009

Hi,

Thanks to Nagappan for the last reply. The problem which I earlier had with
some applications seems to be an environment issue. I try to explain here
what is the project I am working on and what problem I faced using LDTP.
I installed the tool LDTP with using the root account in our system (with
simply following the LDTP installation instruction). It installed nicely and
I could run some sample scripts, then could use scripts to test Eclipse
application as well.
In the project, it requires setting an specific envirenment. For this
purpose, I need to open a terminal and use a specific command. After the
environment is set, I can run some built in application such as Eclipse,
Rational Rose, Logexplorer and so on. The problem is that when I use command
ldtpeditor in the same terminal to run the recorder, it gives me an error
note:
You need to install pyGTK or GTKv2 or set your PYTHONPATH correctly
try: export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python/site-packages/
When I tried to set the variable PYTHONPATH, it showed an error: not valid
identifier.
When I use python to run some script in this environment, it gives me error
note that ldtp is not defined for python.
By existing the environment (closing the terminal and open a new one), the
tool LDTP is working fine. I tried to have two terminals open where in one
of the I set the environment and run the applications and on the other I run
the LDTP scripts. But the problem here was that LDTP could not detect any of
those applications UI.
Could you please give me some hint where might be the source of this
problem?

BR,
Mohsen