[LDTP-Dev] Unable to successfully install LDTP in Fedora 13.

FuRrBaLL hansgocotano at yahoo.com.ph
Sun Sep 12 17:16:46 PDT 2010

Hi Nagappan,

I did what you've suggested for me to do and this message was displayed on
the terminal:

warning: ldtp-2.0.6-7.1.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID
a8b3957f: NOKEY

When I query all ldtp modules in my system, these were returned:

python-ldtp-2.0.6-7.1.x86_64
ldtp-debuginfo-2.0.6-7.1.x86_64
ldtp-1.3.0-5.fc12.x86_64
ldtp-2.0.6-7.1.x86_64

Geez, I was excited. But when I tried to import ldtp, there were a lot of
warning messages this time instead of commonly having 3. At the end of the
warning messages, an error was raised:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/ldtp.py", line 472, in <module>
    _mainSock, _ldtpUseTcp = connect2LdtpExecutionEngine ()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/ldtplib/ldtplibutils.py", line
547, in connect2LdtpExecutionEngine
    raise ConnectionLost ('Could not establish connection ' + str (msg))
ldtplib.ldtplibutils.ConnectionLost: 'Could not establish connection [Errno
2] No such file or directory'

I already have an existing code that works correctly in ubuntu 10.04
32b/64b, I don't know what wrong here in Fedora 13. While waiting for a
solution in Fedora 13, I will try running ldpt in openSuSE 11.3 and 11.2 64b
and see how it works.

Thanks again and more power...:-D