[LDTP-Dev] Problem of LDTP: "ldtp.client_exception.LdtpExecutionError: Unable to find window..."

Jian.Chen at leica-microsystems.com Jian.Chen at leica-microsystems.com
Fri Oct 21 01:07:41 PDT 2011

Hello Michael,

I saw you have submit a bug for LDTP, and I have the same problem as you
report "LookupErrors", but I have also the follow qustion which I think
you may have handle the problem, so I write mail to you

I am trying to use LDTP in Ubuntu 11.10, but now I meet the problem of
"ldtp.client_exception.LdtpExecutionError: Unable to find window..."
according to the tutorial:

from ldtp import *
selectmenuitem ('*-gedit', 'mnuFile;mnuNew')

I have opened an gedit.

and now I wonder if I have not correctly enable the accessibility, because
the ui is quite different, and I can not find the "Enable assistive
technologies" in the universal access

do you know how to enable the accessibility in Ubuntu 11.10?

Thansk in advanced & Best Regards

Best Regards

James Chen (Chen Jian / 陈坚)
Senior Verification Engineer