[LDTP-Dev] Pop-up menus (on Ubuntu 14.04)

Christian Mallwitz c.mallwitz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 15:58:53 PDT 2015

Hi

I struggle getting a handle on some popup menus in an Ubuntu pygtk application.

The NEWS file for the last LDTP 3.5.0 has this:
    New control type:
    * POPUP MENU for Ubuntu environment

Re: app map conventions, the tutorial PDF says:
    POPUP_MENU pop
but the source (ldtpd/constants.py) has
    pyatspi.ROLE_POPUP_MENU : 'popmnu',

On the other hand, I can't find anything in
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/user-doc/index.html

1) What is the final word on this? From an accessibility perspective
reading http://codeverge.com/mozilla.dev.accessibility/help-with-popups-and-at-spi/1565987
one could think the issue is with the underlying AT-SPI layer...

2) I think I saw a few 'unknown objects in the list of objects for my
application - are they related to the pop-up menus?

Thanks
Christian