[Libburn] Thesis on Libburn

Ben Jansens xor at orodu.net
Thu Apr 1 23:02:17 PST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 07:01:50PM +0200, Steven Van Impe wrote:
> > Isn't every submission to libburn supposed to be donated, thus the
> > author clames that it stops having copyright over it?
>
> as far as I know, in belgium (where I live) you can't 'not have' copyright
> over your work, if you write something, you're the author and you have
> copyright on that work
> what you can do is give your copyright to someone else (like your company if
> you work for a company) or claim not to exercise it
> both of that needs to be done by some sort of contract

This is what we ask for before accepting code into the code-base, that the
copyright be transfered to Derek and myself (in writing). We do this so that
we can have control over the distribution of the code in the future. We'd
need this agreement from you, but I doubt it will be an inhibiting issue.

I'm glad to see your interest in our project :-) We will definitely be as
helpful as we can for you.

Cheers,
Ben