[Libburn] New error

Derek Foreman manmower at signalmarketing.com
Mon Aug 23 00:28:06 PDT 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Bryan Forbes wrote:

> I just upgraded my kernel to 2.6.8 and I'm getting a new error with
> libburn.  If I run the devices test, I get this on the command line:
>
> Initializing library...Success
> Scanning for devices...devices: libburn/sg.c:247: sg_issue_command:
> Assertion `err != -1' failed.
> Killed

Nice.

You sure you have the right permissions on your cd burning device?  Can
you duplicate this while running as root?

My guess is that you've only got read access to the device node or
something along those lines.  And the only fix I'll be able to give you
will just make libburn refuse to use the device at all when it's
configured like that.

I think 2.6.8 added some command filtering stuff to prevent malicious
users from being able to destroy drives.

It looks like the command to unlock the drive door isn't allowed.  Amusing
because it appears to have been ok to lock it in the first place.

oh, and I think "thread apply all bt full" is what I'm looking for - but
I don't need any more info here.  This is most likely a device permission
problem or a kernel bug.