[Libburn] Burning

Bryan Forbes bryan at reigndropsfall.net
Tue Aug 24 10:23:29 PDT 2004

I'm trying to figure out how exactly I should burn.  Some of the calls
are convoluted and don't make sense to me.  Here are some of them:

burn_track_define_data(struct burn_track *t, int  offset, int  tail, int
pad, int  mode):
	what are offset, tail, and pad?  For a data CD, what should these
values be? for an audio CD?

iso_volumeset_new( int volumeset_size, const char *volumeset_id, char
*const *volume_id, const char *publisher_id, const char
*data_preparer_id, time_t *expiration_time, time_t *effective_time ):
	to start, what the heck is a volume set?  is it equivalent to a
session?  if I have a single session data CD, how many volumesets do I
want to create?  how should I define volume_id?

What order should I call what functions to burn a data cd?  I'm either
getting the order wrong, or putting the wrong parameter somewhere.
Thanks in advance!

Bryan Forbes
bryan at reigndropsfall.net
http://www.reigndropsfall.net

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless
minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."
        - Samuel Adams, an architect of the Constitution

Key fingerprint = 3D7D B728 713A BB7B B8B1  5B61 3888 17E0 70CA 0F3D