[Libburn] Could you test this?

Bryan Forbes bryan at reigndropsfall.net
Thu Aug 26 12:53:49 PDT 2004

I need you to run a test for me.  Download these iso images:
http://www.reigndropsfall.net/test.iso
http://www.reigndropsfall.net/isofs.iso

and try these two tests on each for me:

1) run cdrecord dev=/dev/hdx y.iso
where x == your device letter and y == the iso name

2) try mounting the cd

3) blank the cd (cdrecord dev=/dev/hdx blank=fast)

4) try burning the same iso with the burniso test program in the test
dir of libburn.  Before burning it, change line 60 to this:
	burn_write_opts_set_simulate(o, 0);
and recompile.

5) try mounting the cd.

The first burn works and mounts for me (on PPC), but the second does
not.  If this works on x86, this has to be an endianness issue with
libburn (not libisofs) because isos created with libisofs burn correctly
for me (and check out with isodump and info).  Thanks in advance for
trying.

Bryan Forbes
bryan at reigndropsfall.net
http://www.reigndropsfall.net

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless
minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."
        - Samuel Adams, an architect of the Constitution

Key fingerprint = 3D7D B728 713A BB7B B8B1  5B61 3888 17E0 70CA 0F3D