[Libburn] Thesis on Libburn

Todd Kulesza todd at dropline.net
Tue Mar 30 20:53:29 PST 2004

Hi Steven,

I'm not a libburn maintainer, but after doning a fair ammount of work on
the libisofs backend, I'd say it would be a fantastic project for
someone with light-to-moderate C experience.

1) The project is still in an early stage, so the code is still
comprehensible ;)

2) The project is written in pure C and uses standard C libraries.  Most
current free software projects are either based on GTK+ or QT, and while
these are both excellent toolkits, if you haven't done much C
programming to begin with, learning a toolkit and a language at the same
time can be daunting.

My recommendation would be to build the latest CVS code and start
banging on it.  Find something that doesn't work the way to expect it
should, and fix it :)

Cheers,
Todd