[Libburn] Drive data/properties gathering

Stéphane LOEUILLET stephane.loeuillet at tiscali.fr
Sun May 9 07:19:32 PDT 2004

hi,

> > > Cool.  If you can make it gracefully fallback to 2A when the drive fails
> > > the command, you can just dump the values into an array of speeds in
> > > struct drive somewhere, and make the existing get/set speed functions use
> > > that if it's available...

lets first post a patch with only "write speed list" extraction. i'll do
the GET_CONFIGURATION part later, once several people have tested this
on their drives.

> > my Lite-On DVDRW 411S and my LTR 32123S both support it. (first beeing
> > from october 2003 but second beeing from june 2001 if i remember well)
>
> My LTR-52327S supports it as well, but I'm pretty confident there are
> drives in service that don't support this.

no problem, i check for the feature depending on the page length

> As an aside, have you come across any way to get these Lite-On drives to
> pass us back c1 error pointers?  I suspect it's a vendor extension. <sigh>

never saw such a thing in MMC docs (c1 pointers) and really little about
them on the net.

> > > Functions to export that array somehow would also be nice - not sure what
> > > we want to do in that case for drives that don't support lists.  Maybe
> > > fabricate something, at least a single entry with the drive's maximum
> > > speed.
> >
> > i could try to do it
>
> That would be great :)

it's in the works (had little time yesterday)

++