[Libburn] some questions

Derek Foreman manmower at signalmarketing.com
Thu Nov 18 12:52:26 PST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Steven Van Impe wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I'm going through the libisofs code, and have some small (newbie?)
> questions:
>
> 1) Why the pointer pointers for 'me' ? Why are these better than (or
> needed instead of) just regular pointers to a struct iso_tree_file or
> struct iso_tree_dir ?

Yeah, I'd like that explained too.

At a _really_ brief glance, I can't tell why the "me" field is required in
those structs at all.

> 2) About *ext = ""; in iso_split_filename (util.c): won't this leave
> *ext pointing to something that will be destroyed when
> iso_split_filename ends ?

Technically, I think string literals are in the text segment, but I'll
defer to a language lawyer on that one.

Could just point *ext at the NULL on *name, I guess.

> Note: I'm still using the 0.2 tarball, since cvs doesn't seem to work
> right now (connection refused after the password request).

That's odd.  The ssh key has changed too.

Can't say I like that too much.