[Libburn] libisofs issues

Derek Foreman manmower at signalmarketing.com
Mon Sep 27 01:58:54 UTC 2004

I'm confused as to what does and does not work.

libisofs is creating a broken iso image, but libburn is capable of
burning an mkisofs created iso image to make a functional cd?

If that's the case, it would be quite useful to use libisofs to create an
iso on an x86 machine, and another on a PPC (exact same files, in same
order, with same options, etc etc), and compare the two.

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Bryan Forbes wrote:

> No, it doesn't work.
>
> On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 00:17 -0500, Derek Foreman wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Bryan Forbes wrote:
>>
>>> Alright, burning an iso from disk works on PPC.  Creating the iso's on
>>> the fly is another problem.  Attached is a test program adapted from
>>> burniso.c in the test directory.  I have also attached the test text
>>> files I use with this test file (you'll have to change the paths to the
>>> files in the source).  Here is the output of the program running for me:
>>>
>>> bryan at mxpxppc:~/Projects/tests/test-libburn$ ./isoburn-c
>>> Initializing library...Success
>>> Scanning for devices...Done
>>> /
>>>  TEST1.TXT;1