[Libburn] yet another libisofs rewrite

Joe Neeman neeman at webone.com.au
Thu Feb 9 16:21:00 PST 2006

Some time ago, I came to the conclusion that libisofs needed some big
changes because it was degenerating into a giant mess of hacks. Once
again, the diff is about the size of the old libisofs plus the size of
the new libisofs, so I have instead attached a tarball of all the source
files.

The current libisofs code lacks Joliet support and is less tested than
the old code, but it is much cleaner and about half the size. The
previous API hasn't changed much, but I've added a couple new functions.
The biggest user-noticeable changes might be that the filesystem tree is
no longer modified by the writer and that iso_tree_node->name is now a
wchar_t.

Anyway, I thought I'd let people know what's going on. It might be worth
holding off on any commits, though, until I've got the features back up
to the old features.

Joe

PS: Do we really need to target C90? I like my variable-sized arrays and
anonymous unions ;)