[Libburn] Re: CVS version and test/burniso

scdbackup at gmx.net scdbackup at gmx.net
Sat Feb 11 01:35:32 PST 2006

Hi,

> Any idea why your mailer breaks threading for mine?  It's really quite
> confusing. :)

This might be due to the weird processing pipeline
which applies to my libburn mails:
- i get them via POP3
- i can view them with pine
- but i fail to make pine send as scdbackup at gmx.net
  rather than as my daylife e-mail address
- so i export the mail, copy it, and write the reply
  with vim
- then i send it with a primitive SMTP tool which allows
  me to set a In-Reply-To: and a References: header - but
  only if i do not forget to copy the Message-ID from the
  extended header view of pine.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I should read the RFCs
about mail threading (got the number at hand ?) and
try to enhance the sender so it complies better to the
usual customs.

On the other hand, Derek, yesterday i got your mail
"Please do this, I'll merge it fast."
about half a dozen times. In intervals of about two hours.
Probably it is better not to Cc: me but to send only to
the list. The list mailer has no problem with GMX. Yours has.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas