[Libburn] Re: CVS version and test/burniso

Derek Foreman manmower at signalmarketing.com
Sat Feb 11 10:06:12 PST 2006

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006, scdbackup at gmx.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Any idea why your mailer breaks threading for mine?  It's really quite
>> confusing. :)
>
> This might be due to the weird processing pipeline
> which applies to my libburn mails:
> - i get them via POP3
> - i can view them with pine
> - but i fail to make pine send as scdbackup at gmx.net
>  rather than as my daylife e-mail address
> - so i export the mail, copy it, and write the reply
>  with vim
> - then i send it with a primitive SMTP tool which allows
>  me to set a In-Reply-To: and a References: header - but
>  only if i do not forget to copy the Message-ID from the
>  extended header view of pine.
>
> Sorry for any inconvenience. I should read the RFCs
> about mail threading (got the number at hand ?) and
> try to enhance the sender so it complies better to the
> usual customs.

I don't know the RFC.

It's not a big deal, you'll just have to put up with me being slightly
confused from time to time.  Which you'd probably have to do anyway. :)

> On the other hand, Derek, yesterday i got your mail
> "Please do this, I'll merge it fast."
> about half a dozen times. In intervals of about two hours.
> Probably it is better not to Cc: me but to send only to
> the list. The list mailer has no problem with GMX. Yours has.

Because email blacklists have been causing me so much issue, I've set
pine to send through my ISP.  I don't understand why you should be getting
multiple copies of emails because of this.  You should just get the one
from the list and the one from me.

I'm about 99% confident I'm doing everything normally.  That makes two
ways that I can't reliably send you mail.  You are officially "route
flapped". ;)

I'll try to remember to drop your name from the CC's.  I apologize in
advance for the next time I forget.