[Libburn] 64 bit off_t

Dana Jansens danakj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:49:19 PST 2006

Hi,

I have committed a change to make off_t 64 bits in CVS. Configure does
the following checks:

checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no
checking for _LARGEFILE_SOURCE value needed for large files... 1
checking for fseeko... yes

And sets compiler variables appropriately for largefile support. If
fseeko is not present, configure will break with an error message.
This part is pretty good, I think.

I have also commited a change in libburn.h that will make sure
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS is 64 in order to compile anything against libburn.
My only concern is the future, if someday 64 is not what is meant by
largefile, and if _FILE_OFFSET_BITS will even be set by configure on a
64bit architechture. I could do weird stuff to make it dynamic to
whatever off_t size libburn was built with, but it wouldn't be very
pretty in the tree, and I am not sure if it is really necessary.

Dana