[Libburn] Re: FYI: my current modifications versus CVS of 8 Dec

Derek Foreman manmower at signalmarketing.com
Sun Jan 15 19:28:25 PST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, scdbackup at gmx.net wrote:

> But as said, it is the concept of mandatory bus scan which opens
> the door for lots of trouble.

Ok.  I acknowledge that this is a problem. :)

How about I give you a function like...

burn_drive_grab_by_pathname(struct burn_drive *, char *)?

I could give a function to get the filename of the node a burn_drive *
refers to as well.

> PS:
> I had to reboot after that hwinfo-libburn collision.
> My burner was willing to write a new CD-RW afterwards and
> behaved normally. The finished media is recognized by libburn
> as BURN_DISC_FULL but neither the burner nor the DVD-ROM drive
> can read a single byte from it. I tested two more media. Same.
>
> cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -reset  did not help. reboot did. Ewww.
> See what i suffer for progress. :))

The kernel shouldn't have let you do that.  Second attempt to access the
same device should've been blocked...

What interface does hwinfo use?

I'm rather stunned the drive was left in a state that -reset couldn't
clear.