[Libburn] Project revival

scdbackup at gmx.net scdbackup at gmx.net
Mon Jul 31 09:17:29 PDT 2006

Hi,

>> Sander Sweers wrote:
>> What I do not understand is why you cannot join the current
>> team of developers?

> Mario Danic wrote:
> I would ofcourse do that if the code is maintained, but to be honest to
> everyone it isn't.

Since not all needs of cdrskin are covered by the current
libburn i would like to know what maintainence improvements
you have in mind.

In particular:

Are you willing to make a fundamental decision about persistent
drive addresses ? Will there be a method to operate one drive
while not touching any other on the system ? (I got a proposal
that is proved to work.)

Do you feel skilled to implement something like cdrecord -tao
which allows to write a data stream of unpredicted length ?

What's your development roadmap ?

I am interested to learn about your particular motivation
to enter libburn development. You don't do this just to
promote Subversion, i presume.
(My own motivation to use libburn is explained at
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/cdrskin_eng.html#cdrecord
Actually i'm more into backup than into burning.)

Your name is significant enough to be googled. Nevertheless
i could not make a connection to CD burning.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas