[Libburn] Re: 64 bit off_t

scdbackup at gmx.net scdbackup at gmx.net
Sun Mar 12 08:25:55 PST 2006

Hi,

> > One point is still open.
>
> Good to hear :)

( ... listening for an echo from Derek ...)

My current test binary is based on a whitelist-patched
CVS version of February 20. Everything seems to work
fine - but i did no nasty tests yet.
cdrskin-0.1.3 is still based on libburn-0.2.tar.gz.

> > It would be interesting to know wether one of the binaries
> > is willing to run on your system:
> >   http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/cdrskin_0.1.2.0.2.ts-x86-suse9_0.tar.gz
> >   http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/cdrskin_0.1.2.0.2.ts-x86-suse9_0-static.tar.gz
>
> Yes, these work fine on my amd64 system.

So for a quick start, those binaries seem to be a viable option.
I am a bit surprised, i must say. Binary compatibility used to
be more tricky in the past.

Did you already tell me the exact version of your Gentoo ?
I'd like to add it to the list of the binaries' host systems.

> I mosty use k3b for creating cd/dvd. For iso I tend to use the
> commandline.
>
> However gentoo has many frontend which i can try out and see how they do
> with cdrskin.

There is a script
  cdrskin/cdrecord_spy.sh
which you may install instead of cdrecord. It logs
all cdrecord runs into a file or on a terminal window
of your choice.
Have a look into the script for instructions.

Don't hesitate to ask for support.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas