[Libdlo] How do I get xorg to recognize the Displaylink device...?

James sammy at sammyjames.com
Sat Dec 19 11:00:04 PST 2009

1. It would be great if xorg could pick up my Displaylink device automatically, the way that it does with all of the other connected components on my computer...

2. It would be EXTREMELY great if I could figure out how to switch the "main" display, which is obviously the VGA one, with the Displaylink one. When this happens, then I'll be jumping up and down.

I'm SO CLOSE. I just need to isolate the drivers and figure out how to get xorg to recognize them. Then I can probably just tell xorg which screen to put where, and then things will be good.