[Libdlo] Still having trouble here...

James sammy at sammyjames.com
Mon Dec 21 03:41:51 PST 2009

Okay -- I still have the green screen, thankfully. But I'm still unclear of where all of the drivers are supposed to be.

I have an .so file in usr/.../xorg (or wherever it is that the xorg.conf is looking for it -- yes, I know about the different module paths, and I put it where it belongs) and I have the latest udlfb.ko in the staging tree. I also have the displaylink.ko in a "displaylink" folder in lib/...kernel/drivers

I am so close here, but I suspect that what I'm trying to do is different from what a lot of others are trying to do. I am just trying to get ONE display, the DisplayLink monitor, to show me the GNOME desktop. I don't even WANT for the Intel driver to show up -- so, I don't want for the VGA to be displayed AT ALL.

I tried reverting to GDM 2.20, with disastrous results. I'm back with the 2.28, which isn't ideal, but it's what we've got. I also downloaded and installed xserver-xphyr or whatever it's called, and that didn't seem to do anything.

If anyone has any clue on how to get this to work, let us know! Thanks.