[Libdlo] Thanks, and Xinerama

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Sun Jul 19 01:21:49 PDT 2009

> Hi. I wanted to thank everyone here (especially Roberto) for your work
on Linux DisplayLink support. I bought a Diamond BVU160 against my
better judgment at a local computer store after failing to find a video
card to add a second monitor (who'd believe they don't stock low-profile
PCI cards anymore?)

> I was very pleasantly surprised when I got home to find that the device
works well with Linux.

> I would like to get Xinerama setup now.
>
> I notice that Roberto mentioned that he had gotten the intel driver to
work with his DisplayLink by making it appear to be a 'new crtc'. So if
I'm understanding correctly, the DisplayLink 'became' a crtc of the
intel card, and then xRandR's single-card dual head support was used,
instead of Xinerama?

> Greg asked for the code for the intel modification. I don't know if that
continued off-list or not. Could either of you share the code with me?
I'm using the radeon driver but I'm hoping if I can see how the intel
driver was modified, I can do the same.

Hi, i am rewriting the intel hack a bit, but the biggest problem is that
most of the cards i own are limited to the 2048x2048 resolution so they
are unusable in real environment. I will release a lot of code in the next
week, if i have time i will post some radeon-related code too.

Roberto