[Libdlo] udlfb 0.2

Rabeeh Khoury rabeeh at marvell.com
Mon Jun 1 08:03:00 PDT 2009

Got the driver working with Sheevaplug + mimo monitor 710.
I needed to hack the driver to force it to use 800x480 since seems EDID
from the monitor is wrong -

    fb_parse_edid(dev_info->edid, &info->var);
#if 1 /* Forced */
    info->var.xres = 800;
    info->var.yres = 480;
#endif

    printk("EDID XRES %d YRES %d\n", info->var.xres, info->var.yres);

Anyhow, after hacking the driver I have a console, but when running X it
fails with errors -

(EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO succeeded but modified mode
(EE) FBDEV(0): mode initialization failed

I'm using Ubuntu-Jaunty for arm.

Any idea?