[Libdlo] First xorg driver and udlfb 2.1

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Wed Jun 3 11:39:04 PDT 2009

Hello Phil,

> Does anyone know how to make X auto-add screens? (e.g. with the help of
> udev and HAL)
AFAICT that's not possible at the moment. I'm no expert, but I know that
the input device hotplug stuff alone was already quite a big change. So
I suppose that hotplugging for graphics devices would also be a major
step by itself. However, IIRC some people have already started thinking
about this, not due to Displaylink devices but due to notebooks which
have a second, dynamically switchable GPU.

Florian