[Libdlo] libtubecable 0.1.1

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Fri Jun 5 03:03:54 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I've had an idea that made extracting the missing Huffman sequences
quite easy, and so here they are. I also fixed two bugs in the Huffman
encoder which have sometimes caused lines of pixel junk to appear.

All of this is in libtubecable 0.1.1, available here (as Greg
suggested):

git://github.com/floe/tubecable.git

and here:

http://cloud.github.com/downloads/floe/tubecable/tubecable-0.1.1.tar.gz

Some notes:

- There's still another bug hidden in the Huffman encoder, though it
  only appears rarely. One of my test images still has one junk line,
  but I couldn't figure out where it comes from at the moment.

- As a purely intellectual exercise, it would be interesting to find out
  how the Huffman tree (which is even in its most compact binary
  representation still about 320k large) is described in the 4.5k binary
  blob which is sent to the device.

Again, please test and send feedback.

Thanks in advance! Yours, Florian
--