[Libdlo] [ANNOUNCE] udlfb 0.2.2 and xf86-driver-displaylink 0.2

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Fri Jun 5 13:55:04 PDT 2009

Roberto De Ioris wrote:
> I think that the "displaylink is a card" approach, is not a good choice
> in the modern time.
>
> I will try to follow the "displaylink is an output" way, hacking the intel
> driver. I will post some code as soon as possible.

not entirely sure I understand the concept of using displaylink as an
output. Does this mean that if the GPU on the card does accelerated 3D
then this could be done then the rendered output sent out to the
displaylink? Compiz on the displaylink would be kind of amazing.
I think the displaylink as a card approach would still be useful
especially for embedded applications where the controlling computer
might not have anything resembling a GPU on it.

Or did I miss the point?

Alan.