[Libdlo] tubecable 0.1 - a low-level library for Displaylink devices with compression support

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Sat May 30 09:49:30 PDT 2009

> I see some horizontal artefacts; I presume that they are expected due
> to the missing codes, right?
Yes, I assume that's the reason. I'll see when I can extract the rest.

> If no-one else is volunteering I'll have a go at turning your
> compression code into something more efficient, i.e. a binary table.
I suppose storing the sequences as strings is probably quite
time-efficient, as you don't need to shift single bits around all the
time. It's of course a huge waste of space (approx. 2 MB memory for
table and strings). And the on-disk format definitely could use some
improvement.

Until about mid of July, I won't (shouldn't) be able to contribute much,
code-wise. But I'll be happy to discuss along. :-)

Yours, Florian
--
0666 - Filemode of the Beast