[Libdlo] Fedora 11 status report

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Mon Nov 9 07:40:07 PST 2009

Hi all,
I've started testing with UD-160-A device on latest Fedora 11. displaylink-mod
compiled without issues and works. The external display connected to the USB
dock goes green upon modprobe displaylink.

After reboot the system automatically loads the kernel module and recognizes the
hardware. While boot process is taking place the external monitor is showing the
same image as the main one.

Right after boot is complete and gdm starts I hit a kernel oops like this one:
http://www.kerneloops.org/search.php?search=displaylink_fb_imageblit&btnG=Function+Search

My kernel is 2.6.30 and I've reported the oops via kerneloops-applet however
it's not visible from the website.

I'm off to compiling the xf86-driver-displaylink package which seems to work
only on Debian based systems for now.

Regards,
Alexander.