[Libdlo] CRTC emulation

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Wed Oct 14 08:29:03 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 10:23 -0500, Kal McFate wrote:
> Is most of the development here going towards multiseat? I have great
> interested in extended desktop and virtual crtc support. I read
> previously that there was a patch for the intel drivers available to
> add DL adapters as aditional crtc's. Is this patch information
> available somewhere?
>
> Kal

Hi Kal, i have started working on an intel patch on June but i have stop
the work after i have faced with the 2048*2048 limit of this driver.

My work is currently targeted on radeon (a little bit harder of intel
driver but without those annoying limits).

I think that the xorg/intel team should reintroduce some sort of
multicard managing (as the old xinerama) as a fast-and-simple way to use
displaylink devices without messing the xserver (even if that could be a
good way to go in the near future)

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it