[Libdlo] CRTC emulation

Frank Blendinger fb at intoxicatedmind.net
Fri Oct 16 05:49:56 PDT 2009

Hi.

On Thu 2009-10-15 09:49, Roberto De Ioris <roberto at unbit.it> proclaimed:
> > > you will find a lot of example configurations
> >
> > I tried to do that, see my mail on this list from 2009-10-08. I still
> > have not managed to get it working, so I was wondering if it really was
> > possible at all.
> >

> In those mail you tried xinerama that does not work on recent intel
> driver.
>
> You have to disable xinerama and use the two device as independent
> screen (pratically all window manager support this)

I thought that it did just that. Is a layout like this not correct?

    Section "ServerLayout"
            Identifier      "multihead"
            Screen  0       "scr-tv" 0 0
            Screen  1       "scr-dl0" LeftOf "scr-tv"
            Option          "Xinerama"      "off"
    EndSection

As I have written, the displaylink X module gets unloaded with this setup:

    (II) UnloadModule: "displaylink"
    (II) Unloading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//displaylink_drv.so
    (II) UnloadModule: "fbdevhw"
    (II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux//libfbdevhw.so

Greetings,
Frank

--
Frank Blendinger | fb(at)intoxicatedmind.net | GPG: 0x0BF2FE7A
Fingerprint: BB64 F2B8 DFD8 BF90 0F2E 892B 72CF 7A41 0BF2 FE7A