[Libdlo] about the unknown edid version error

inn_mo momo1x3 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 18:17:31 PDT 2009

Dear all on this list:
I bought a displaylink usb to dvi device last week. And I follow the
few blog posts on the displaylink website @ freedesktop.
But I found xorg always shows a message of "Unknown EDID version 0" (I
notice someone have some different message).

So I trace the xorg code, I found the message comes from the following
code snippet:

(ATTN: my code is download from ubuntu, whcich may contain some
special patch from ubuntu, I am not sure if every other distribution
have the same code base, please check with you own code)

--
static Bool
validate_version(int scrnIndex, struct edid_version *r)

    if (r->revision > MAX_EDID_MINOR)
        xf86DrvMsg(scrnIndex, X_WARNING,
                   "Assuming version 1.%d is compatible with 1.%d\n",
                   r->revision, MAX_EDID_MINOR);

    return TRUE;
}

--
the code is at xorg-server-1.6.0/hw/xfree86/ddc/interpret_edid.c .

and called by a function
xf86MonPtr xf86InterpretEDID(int scrnIndex, Uchar *block)

--
I have not trace all these code yet  since I have pretty heavy work loading.
If any displaylink's guy on board, please help us to solve this problem.