[Libdlo] [RFC 2.6.30 1/1] defio fbdev displaylink implementation

Jaya Kumar jayakumar.lkml at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 16:28:05 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Roberto De Ioris <roberto at unbit.it> wrote:
> I have commited my current work (the 'nofb' branch) in this direction
> at:
>
> http://projects.unbit.it/hg/displaylink

Hi Roberto,

Cool, thanks.

> Last there is still my effort on using the displaylink device as an
> additional crt, but all of my intel card are limited to 2048*2048
> resolution, dramatically limiting my work.

I am interested in this too. I initially wanted to take a userspace
driven approach where we have userspace create a pbuffer/fbo,  and
then copy it over to displaylink. But you're right that having it
appear as an additional display in the kernel through driver changes
may be more elegant. I looked through the above hg tree but I couldn't
see the additional crt code you mentioned, I may have missed it. Could
you point me to which file to look at? Thanks.

> I will give a look at your work ASAP, i am very interested in the defio
> approach.

Thanks. Let me know your thoughts.

Best regards,
jaya