[Libdlo] xrandr with nvidia/nouveau

Christoph Rissner c.r at visotech.at
Thu Apr 8 05:26:22 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'd love to have a working xrandr setup.

I have a running triple-head setup using xinerama on 2 nvidia screens
(with TwinView enabled) and 1 displaylink screen.

I use the latest xf-video-udlfb driver from git.pluggable.com, but it
seems xrandr detects only the displaylink output:

$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 1280 x 1024, current 3840 x 1024, maximum 1280 x 1024
DL connected 1280x1024+0+0 0mm x 0mm
    1280x1024       0.0*

I tried disabling xinerama and/or using nouveau drivers in different
configurations.

With xinerama disabled I get 2 seperate X screens (cannot drag windows
between those screens) and xrandr reports only the output of the screen
its running on, but doesn't "see" the other outputs.

Does this description make any sense? I'm really lost into when it comes
to X-speak of screens, monitors, outputs ...

However, is there some advice on getting a working xrandr setup where I
can freely position all my "monitors", no matter whether its the
displaylink or one of the nvidia ones?

Has anybody tried/succeeded in something similar?

Thanks,
Christoph