[Libdlo] Software switch off displaylink usb monitor

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Sun Apr 11 09:07:40 PDT 2010

Hi Markus,

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Markus <fuchsiv at freenet.de> wrote:
> xset dpms force off
> The displaylink monitor goes black but doesn't switch off.

This feature isn't implemented yet.  Right now, udlfb just turns of H
and V sync, but doesn't power down the monitor.  When the monitor is
powered down, we need to set mode again when we come back, and udlfb
wasn't doing that yet.

I've been wanting to have this feature, too -- have been shutting down
the multiseat setup each night to save power.  :)

Took a quick run at it, checked into a dpms feature branch
(http://git.plugable.com/gitphp/index.php?p=udlfb&a=commit&h=d89ebd0677b69187271ed0a8db0c0ee45dd28f5e).
  Can you checkout and build this version:

git clone http://git.plugable.com/webdav/udlfb
git checkout origin/dpms

Let us know if it works for you.  Will then get it cleaned up and
moving downstream.

Thanks,
Bernie
http://plugable.com/