[Libdlo] Blanking Support on mimo 740

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Wed Jan 13 14:38:05 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 6:57 AM, <justin at dynam.ac> wrote:

> Blanking - Anything else I can provide to help diagnose this problem?

Hitting this sysfs file doesn't blank for me either. So this is a
reproducible bug.  As you point out, it's wierd that all looks well to sw --
the whole path down to the driver and out to usb is called - and it's all
successful.  Probably/hopefully some small problem we'll catch at some
point.

There was a question earlier about bug tracking.  At least for things which
would apply to udlfb as it exists in the kernel staging tree, the proper
place I'd guess is http://bugzilla.kernel.org/ with Product=Drivers and
Component=Staging

For bugs which only repro with the bleeding edge at git.plugable.com (and
have not yet made it to patch stage), email to this list is still the
easiest way to handle.

One last question and I'm not sure if its even supported on these
> displaylink devices, but can we implement software backlight control? If
> someone knows the command/registers, I'm more than willing to have a stab
> at implementing it (my first venture into Kernel Programming though...)

I don't know if/how this is exposed, so not a help here either.  I guess
there's enough worries about getting things turned on properly, that turning
things down or off is not yet on the radar...

Best wishes,
Bernie