[Libdlo] what displaylink device should i buy and what steps are still needed?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Thu Jul 1 12:55:39 PDT 2010

Hi Bernie,

On 01-07-10 20:28, Bernie Thompson wrote:
> Thanks for posting such clear text logs - makes it easy to see what's going on!
Thank you too for helping out with the great info and developing udlfb!

I would buy an UGA-2K-A to support you, but I cant find a reliable
supplier in Europa to transport to the Netherlands.

> Do a git pull and then confirm in the git log that you have these
> checkins from today.

Done, see the attached log. (screen is green)

My xorg crashed when trying to use the device. Where can I find the
latest Xorg driver I should use? My device is having a DL-195 chip.

> Back to what you're trying to do - you're not going to have a good
> experience if the monitor's capabilities are unknown.  So, these fixes
> aside, it's worth trying to figure out what's different about your
> monitor or something in your setup, that's causing the lack of EDID.
> If it there appears to be anything udlfb can do, please post or email.

I also attached an other 7" TFT but the EDID wasn't recognised either..
I took an quarantined microsoft windows xp laptop and installed the
display link device to test it. The device worked, but not as I would
expect, I could not get 1440x900 on DVI output only low resolotions,
with VGA output I could set it to 1440x900 but the images would be a bit
distorted. But I don't trust windows that much.. I was using a 5.2b2 driver.

Best regards,

With kind regards,

Jelle de Jong