[Libdlo] Using a displaylink device as an extended monitor in openSUSE 11.3

KaruppuSwamy T karuppuswamy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 09:08:13 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Joon Ro <groups.joon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed openSUSE 11.3, and I have DoubleSight DS-90U USB monitor.
> (1024x600 resolution)
> Depending on my xorg.conf setup, I can use the usb monitor, but I cannot
> use both my laptop and usb monitor at the same time.
>
> I have attached my xorg.conf on the bottom. When I boot like this, I can
> only use the usb monitor. The laptop monitor is just blank.
> If I change the order of the two displays in the Server Layout, then I
> cannot use the usb monitor.

 I too faced same problem. Just removed

>        BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"

line from xorg.conf, let it to detect and load driver (for me "intel") All
are fine now. Read more on this here, it will be useful for you:
http://karuppuswamy.com/wordpress/2010/07/19/how-to-get-lilliput-displaylink-based-usb-monitor-um-70-17e902a9-working-in-ubuntu-linux/