[Libdlo] what displaylink device should i buy and what steps are still needed?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Mon Jun 21 03:35:41 PDT 2010

Hello everybody,

It has been a while since I checked the status for displaylink devices.

I want to connect a Samsung 2343BW 23" 2048x1152 LCD trough my HP mini
GNU/Linux Debian laptop.

I run debian sid, with the latest stable 2.6.34 kernel.org kernel. The
xserver-xorg-video-sisusb in Debian is version 1:0.9.0-1.

What steps will still be needed to make a displaylink devices work?

Will there still be manual compilation needed?

What DisplayLink device should I buy?
Lenovo USB-to-DVI Monitor Adapter (45K5296) ?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong