[Libdlo] can't get fb device to show up

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Mon Jun 28 15:27:40 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Dan Lazewatsky <dlaz at cse.wustl.edu> wrote:
> Any help would be appreciated,

Hi Dan,

We avoid this kind of design with Plugable's devices, so I don't have
them around, unfortunately.

What I'd recommend first is trying to set the configuration in /sys by
hand to make sure the script is looking in the right places. You can
find the displaylink usb device in sysfs with:

find /sys -name idVendor | xargs grep "17e9"

Then head to that directory and "sudo echo 1 > bConfigurationValue" to
set configuration 1.

If the DisplayLink screen goes green, then that's it.  If you find the
instructions for users with these kind of devices should be updated,
any fixes to the wiki page you pointed at are very welcome.

Best wishes,
Bernie
http://plugable.com/