[Libdlo] can't get fb device to show up

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Wed Jun 30 21:11:51 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Dan Lazewatsky <dlaz at cse.wustl.edu> wrote:
> Hi Bernie, thanks for the reply -
> When I plug the screen in, bConfigurationValue is indeed set to 2, but
> changing it to 1 doesn't seem to do anything. Is there anything else I need
> to do to make the system pick up the change?

Assuming the value reads back as "1", the next step then is to check
to see whether udlfb is loading at all. You can "grep dlfb
/var/log/kern.log" or similar to see what messages come up.

If there are none, then there's something different about how this
device is designed, and you'll need to contact the manufacturer.

If there are some messages, they should contain clues as to what's going on.

Note that getting an extended desktop, as always, a problem that
requires configuration-unique fiddling of the xorg.conf file and is
not easy.  Google displaylink and xorg.conf for tips.
http://www.pur3.co.uk/view.php?DisplayLink is interesting, as it's
someone with a mimo playing with recent ubuntu versions (although as
an independent screen, not extended desktop).

Best wishes,
Bernie