[Libdlo] Ubuntu with DisplayLink

don donnnie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 07:36:48 PST 2010

Hello!

I found your forum online, and hope that you'll be able to help. I'm a
life-long Windows user who just recently took the plunge and switched
to Ubuntu 9.1 ....and I LOVE IT!!!!   All is fine except that I have
been unable to get my Atlona HDPIX to work correctly with Displaylink
drivers for Linux/Ubuntu 9.1.

I installed libdlo-0.1.2 and it does seem to recognize the unit and
begins to do a self test. My extended display correctly passes the
first 2 tests but then gets stuck on the screenful of DisplayLink
logos. At that point the system locks, and I need to literally unplug
everything and reboot. My only thought is that during testing the
drivers are attempting to use a screen resolution that my 26" LCD
doesn't care for.

I know I need to make changes to the settings in my XORG.CONF file but
not sure what to do. I'm using a 2.7 mhz system with 8GB of RAM. What
would you recommend I do?

Feel free to forward me an email if you have any thoughts or ideas on
this. I need to reiterate -I AM A NEWBIE..LIKE 3-DAYS NEWBIE!  So
please spoonfeed me the info if you have the time

Most appreciative,

 Don DiMuccio
 Cranston, RI
 401-944-5514