[Libdlo] Ubuntu with DisplayLink

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Mon Mar 8 18:47:08 PST 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 6:27 PM, don <donnnie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bernie,
>
> Thank you so much for responding so quickly. I wont keep bothering you, but
> indulge me this one follow-up.
>
> I might be further along than I thought,  because I do indeed get the green
> screen on my LCD and the green light on the device is ON. My entire
> XORG.CONF is as follows:

> Section "Screen"
>     Identifier    "Default Screen"
>     DefaultDepth    24
> EndSection
>
> Section "Module"
>     Load    "glx"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier    "Default Device"
>     Driver    "nvidia"
>     Option    "NoLogo"    "True"
> EndSection
>

> Is it abundantly obvious as to what I should add to this file to make my LCD
> recognizable, or am I on my own here? ;)
>
> =Don DiMuccio=

Hi Don,

Sorry, unfortunately I don't have any helpful insights on X configuration.

But the next step would be to do what Patrick has done with his
xorg.conf.  And fortunately, he's also using nvidia primary graphics,
so there's hope that everything will translate directly to your setup.
 Again: http://blogg.noonday.se/2010/01/28/linux-usb-video-adapter/

Best wishes,
Bernie